If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly. ~Author Unknown

Friday, January 4, 2013

Steak & Black Bean Tacos

Gosh I feel like too many days have passed since I posted a blog! We've been kind of busy transitioning after the holidays (packing up decorations, making room for all the new additions...my son's new additions, that is!) We finally have everything settled so now I can get back into posting more regularly :)
Here is a recipe I have had sitting in my "to make" folder for quite a while...years if I had to guess. Yes, I am a huge recipe collector of various different magazines I subscribe to and hundreds of recipe e-newsletters, in addition to the greatness of Pinterest. Needless to say, I have way too many recipes lying around and filling up my email account, that I will be lucky to actually get around to making them.

These easy tacos only need a few ingredients and only take a few minutes to make. The pepper-jack cheese add a little kick of heat, the avocado helps cool it down. You will need to roll your sleeves up for this one, enjoy! 

Steak & Black Bean Tacos
(original recipe source unknown)

1 tbsp oil
1/2 onion, chopped
12oz sirloin steak, sliced
1 tomato, diced, divided
15oz can black beans, drained
8 4" corn tortillas
sour cream
shredded pepper-jack cheese
shredded lettuce
1 avocado, sliced

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 

Heat oil oil in cast-iron skillet. Add onions and saute until soft, about 2-3 min. Add steak and cook over medium heat until desired doneness. Add half of tomatoes and cook until softened. Add beans and heat through. Remove from heat.

Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake about 3 min, to warm. Assemble: Lay tortilla on plate, along the center spread about 1/2 tbsp sour cream along center. With a slotted spoon, add about 1/4 C steak mixture, 2 tbsp cheese, shredded lettuce, about a tbsp tomato, and 2 slices avocado. Repeat with remaining tortillas. 









No comments:

Post a Comment