If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly. ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Creamed Corn w/ Green Onion & Parsley

I've never really had creamed corn before, so this recipe, I kind of went about it blindly. Luckily it turned out great! If you are a creamed corn aficionado and I am very wrong to call this creamed corn, please tell me otherwise, until then, I am pretty satisfied with this sweet side dish! 

I used white corn for this, I am not sure of the difference in taste between yellow or white, so I guess use what you prefer. I do highly recommend using fresh over frozen here! If you are feeling lazy (like I was) put someone else to work on the shucking ;)


He was pretty happy about it

Creamed Corn w/ Fresh Green Onion & Parsley
serves about 4

Ingredients
 5 slices bacon
4 large ears white corn, husks and silk removed
seasoned salt (to taste, I used about 1/2 -3/4 tsp)
fresh cracked pepper ( about 1/8-1/4 tsp)
3-4 tbsp heavy cream (as needed)
1 tbsp sliced green onions
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

In a 10" skillet, cook bacon until crisp, set aside and reserve for another use. Do not rinse out your skillet. 

Cut the end of the corn off so you have a nice flat end to stand the corn up over a cutting board. Using a chefs knife, cut the corn off the cob. Transfer into a bowl. Using a potato masher, press into the corn to release some of it's juices.

Season generously with seasoned salt and fresh pepper. Transfer to the same skillet with your reserved bacon drippings. Cook over medium-low heat about 20 min, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Stir in heavy cream, heat another 20 min. Toss in green onions and parsley. 
This side dish went perfectly with Pesto & Red Pepper Chicken Sandwiches w/ Bacon







No comments:

Post a Comment