If you get melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly. ~Author Unknown

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

Who doesn't love cookies?!??! They are simply the greatest thing in the world universe! While some cookies are of course better tasting then others, I have never had a bad cookie experience. If asked what my favorite type of cookie is, I never have an answer. I am however partial to the texture of cookie I prefer.. I like them crisp on the outside, and ooey-gooey chewy in the center. Well I wont keep you waiting long for this great recipe. It is one of my go-to cookie recipes that never disappoints! They are good in an airtight container for about 2-3 days but freeze very well and can be enjoyed right away after taking them out of the freezer.

2 C oats
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 C peanut butter
3/4 C butter
1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

 Preheat oven to 350ยบ. In medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 

 In large bowl, beat peanut butter & butter until smooth. Add sugars, mix well. Add in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture. 

Shape dough into 1" balls, chill dough if too soft.  
Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten with floured fork in a criss-cross pattern. Bake 8-10 minutes.
--recipe source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment